In “Darb el Najah” 3 organizations: Entrepreneurial Development Foundation (EDF), Michel Daher Social Foundation (MDSF) and The Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture of Zahle and the Beqaa (CCIAZ) will work in synergy in one concentrated area of Central Bekaa
Darb el Najah grant was signed on October 16, 2019, a day before the October 17th Revolution in Lebanon. What followed after that was the Covid-19 Crisis resulting in a total lockdown. Despite the situation and obstacles. We accepted the challenge and worked hard to continue to build and find solutions to all the issues we faced from doing the training first by area in order to avoid absences on behalf of the trainees. Hence, we were the only organization to succeed!
- Implemented a common capacity building training for 23 persons (Staff: 7 and 16 EDF Alumni)
- Implemented Capacity Building & Access to Finance Training for 16 groups of 25 trainees each.
- Implementing of Photography and Social Media Training for 16 groups of 25 trainees each
- Implementing of Basic Quality and Food Safety Training for 8 groups of 25 trainees each.
The training was done in the central Bekaa area, 62% were female and 39% were under 37 years old.
- A website for Dareb el Najah was done, address: www.darebelnajah.org
And via the QR code:
- The objective of this website is to explain about the “Dareb el Najah” initiative, which consisted of 8 activities that were carefully molded to respond to the challenges faced by micro and small businesses in the area.
- Booklet : The Hidden Treasure of the Beqaa: (You may find it by clicking this link)
- Interview on MTV (Click here to view the Video)
- Video about Dareb el Najah: USAID Lebanon chose the Dareb el Najah video to display on its facebook page, where up until now has had 4.7K views. (Click here to view the Video)
- 12 miniseries videos were done نصيحة بدقيقة : (You may find them on this link)
- In kind grants:
We distributed in kind grants for Saint Vincent de Paul for $9,500 and distributed 132 in kind grants for $195,000.